Saturday, April 18, 2009

Snowy Easter & Hedgehogs

Yep, we had snow for Easter. Really pretty but very confusing...even for Santa Feans!
Text Color
So, as I waited for the temp agency to get me some work and wondered about getting it all together so I can pText Coloray bills...I got a call from a new friend who asked if I wanted to take over her house-sitting job for a bi-coastal couple. Sure, that sounded good to me. And as I talked to the homeowners, I started thinking about what else I could offer them. They were receptive and happy that I offered extra services. Then in talking to the friend who set this all up, I realized that there are a lot of bi-coastal people here who are very willing to pay for specialized services to make the constant transitions easier. Then almost immediately I got another call asking me to hedgehog-sit. I'm not making this up! And I love saying that I'm hedgehog-sitting!! This is all ties into the idea: personal concierge service. Taking care of homes, plants, pets, groceries, errands, waiting for service people so the homeowners can go to work, etc. Plus, I recently got a connection that might even let me provide services to the film industry (lots of movies are shot here). How cool is that? I'll do lots of interesting (OK, and some not so interesting) work for different people with a flexible schedule and so on. Still have to come up with a business name and all but I think this is something I can do and not have to deal with age discrimination. Oh sure, "they" all say that they don't, but I know that they do.

Maybe concierge service with hotels may still happen, but this sure works for me at the moment. It feels kinda crazy that I am constantly coming up with all kinds of ideas and sometimes I don't feel like there is enough time to get them all off the ground...but then again, maybe one of them will be the glue that holds them all together to take flight. Time will tell.

In the meantime, Buttercup and I carry on carrying on. Keep on truckin'. One day at a time. One foot in front of the other...don't know exactly know where we are going from one moment to the next, but what the heck. it doesn't stay boring in our lives for very long.

Hope you all didn't eat too many Easter bunny ears (the chocolate kind!!!!) Now I gotta go work on my business plans...CIAO baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment